IBA Notification about Bank wage Revision Strike of 31 jan and 1 Feb
- Multiple rounds of discussions have been held between the IBA Negotiating Committee and the United Forum of Bank Unions for the Wage Revision of Bank employees.
- In the meeting held on 30th January 2020, despite the revised offer of upto 19% hike including performance linked incentive made from IBA side, the Unions have unfortunately decided to go ahead with an all-India Bank strike on 31st January & 1st February 2020, to be followed by other agitational programmes.
- During discussions, the conditions of business, paying capacity of Banks and consistent efforts by Banks at providing various types of benefits to the employees from time to time were explained but Unions are pressing for such demands which are not possible to be accepted.
- One such demand is for 5-day banking. It is known to all that the economy of the country is going through testing times. Banks being the principal players in economic development, cannot afford to provide lesser number of working days for banking activities.
- Our country already has one of the highest number of public holidays than any other country and adding 26 more holidays would create more problems for the public. For the convenience of the customers, Banks will keep alternative channels available and customers can utilise these alternate/digital channels of banking 24×7 for day to day banking.
- We regret the inconvenience caused to the General Public because of irresponsible behaviour of the unions.
IBA thinks that with all the Alternate delivery channels ,Bankers cannot be given 5 day week than what about other organisations.What about Courts ? Lakhs of cases pending.What about all the central Govt offices which are open 5 days a week.
This reason itself proves that IBA does not want to give Bankers 5 days banking which is demand of time.Bank Wage revision strike of of 31st jan and 1 Feb is just starting.If they continue to act against bankers than more of these strikes will be their in the future.