Hi Friends ,In this post we will provide you 23 March 2016 GK Updates.GK is very important for all the competitive exams.The current GK is very important for Banking and insurance exams such as IBPS PO and clerical exams ,SBI PO and clerical exam ,LIC AAO exam.These GK updates will be fruitful for Upcoming SBI clerical and all the state level exams. So here is the 23 March 2016 GK Updates :
- I&B Minister Arun Jaitley presented 5th National photography Awards in which the Professional Photographer was given to Shri Javed Ahmed Dar.
- 23 March has been celebrated as National Martyr day every year.This is the anniversary of deaths of Shaheed Bhagat Singh,Shaheed Rajguru and Shaheed Sukhdev.23 March is also celebrated as World Meteorological Day all across the world since 1961.This year’s theme is ,’Hotter,Drier,wetter’.Face the Future.
- PM Modi and Bangladesh PM Sheikh Hasina inaugurated 10 GBPS internet bandwidth from Bangladesh.In this deal Bangladesh will supply India with 10 GBPS bandwidth from Cox’s Bazar to Agartala.
- PM Modi ,Bangladesh PM Sheikh Hasina & Tripura CM Manik Sarkar Jointly inaugurated India Bangladesh Power Grid Transmission Line through video Conference.This line will supply power from Tripura’s 726 MW gas based thermal power project at palatana to Bangladesh .
- 9th International Abilympics has started at Bordeaux in France.Abilympics is the olympics for the Specially Abled People.
- India’s Agasthyamala Biosphere Reserve has been named among 20 new sites added by the UNESCO to its World Network of Biospheres Reserves.This Reserve is located in the Western Ghats (South India).
- India will host 8th BRICS Summit in Goa in October this Year.
- The Department of Post will offer core banking Solutions to its customers at 25000 post offices in India.
- 10 More states will implement National Food Security bill this year which will take the count of the states implementing Food Security Bill to 21.
- Former CJI and Chairman of National Human Rights commission HL Dattu is Appointed as the Member of the International Committee of NHRIs Bureau in Geneva,Switzerland.
- DRDO has designed a Thermal radar which can look through a wall.The device is named as Divyachakshu .This is been Jointly made by DRDO and Radar Development Establishment in Bangalore and it is going through Development Trials.
- The Capital Goods Policy has been approved by the Cabinet .the policy will make sure the country utilizes the capital goods that already exist and cut down on imports
- In an Initiative to control air and noise pollution the Ministry of Environment has notified new environment standards for Gensets running on various kinds of fuel.
- An MoU has been Signed between Consumer Affairs and Industry Bodies to promote consumers interest.
- Hinduja Group’s Ashok Leyland and America’ company Lock Heed Martin has tied up an agreemnet to develop combat vehicle for the Indian Army.
- The Cabinet Committee on economic Affairs has given its approval for extension of Special Industry Initiative UDAAN Scheme in J&K for Financial Year 2019-2020.
- Ali Mohammad Shein has been appointed as the president of Zanzibar.
- Gurmeet Singh has became the first Indian to win a gold medal in the Asian 20 Km Race walk Championship .
Link for the Current Affairs for January & February 2016
- Click here to Download January Gk Capsule
- Click here to Download February GK Capsule
- Click here to download Quiz for January 2016 in PDF
Apart from this, Here are some of the very useful books for the preparation of GK: