Hello Readers, today we are going to shareAll About ICC Cricket World cup 2015. The Cricket World Cup is a One Day International (ODI) competition in men’s cricket. Organised by the International Cricket Council (ICC), the tournament has taken place every four years since it was first held in 1975 in England. We are going to share every news related to ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 which is important and related questions can be asked in competition exams.
Adminstrative:- International Cricket Council (ICC)
Dates: 14 February to 29 March (44 days).
Total No. Matches Played: 49 ( 26 in Australia and 23 in New zealand)
Total No. of teams Played: 14 Teams ( 10 are Full time ICC member)
ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 Venue:The InternationlWorld Cup was jointly hosted by Australia and New Zealand after 23 years. Fourteen teams played 49 matches in 14 venues, with Australia staging 26 games at grounds in Adelaide, Brisbane,Canberra, Hobart, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney while New Zealand hosted 23 games in Auckland, Christchurch, Dunedin, Hamilton,Napier, Nelson and Wellington. It starts on 14th February 2015 in Christchurch and co-host New Zealand team will play against Sri Lanka. On the same day in Melbourne, Australia will play against England. The final match of the tournament took place at the Melbourne Cricket Ground between co-hosts New Zealand and Australia.
Next ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 Venue : England and Wales
- Winner: Australia ( 5th time)
- Man of the Series: Mitchell Starc
Records made in ICC Cricket World Cup 2015:
- Top Run Scorer: Martin Guptill (547)
- Highest Individual Score: Martin Guptil
- Top Wicket Taker: Mitchell Strac and Trent Boult (22)
- Highest Score: 419 by Australia against Afghanistan
- Most Centuries: 4 (Sangakara form Sri Lanka)
- Most Fifties : 4 (Steve Smith, Australia)
- Most Sixes: 26 ( Chris Gayle, West Indies)
- Most Fours: 59 ( Martin Guptill)
Other news related to 11th ICC Cricket World Cup:
- West Indies opener batsman Chris Gayle created history by becoming the first batsman to score a double century in the World Cup. He made this record by scoring 215 runs off just 147 balls in a Pool-B match against Zimbabwe held at Manuka Oval stadium in Canberra, Australia.
- South African cricketer AB De Villiers hitted the fastest 150 in one-day internationals (ODI‘s). He achieved this feat in 64 balls in World Cup Pool B match against West Indies held at Sydney.
- Sri Lankan cricketer Kumar Sangakkara became first batsman to score four consecutive one-day international (ODI) centuries in a Cricket World Cup.
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni become first Indian Cricket team Captain to register the 100 One Day International (ODI) match wins.He was able to achieve this feat after Indian team defeated Bangladesh in the 2015 ICC World Cup quarter-final match by 109-run in Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG), Australia.
- New Zealand‘s Martin Guptill created a Cricket World Cup record by scoring highest score of 237 runs not out.He achieved this feat in match against West Indies in the 2015 ICC World Cup quarter-final played at WestpacTrust Stadium, Wellington.
- Pakistani cricketers, Misbah-ul-Haq and Shaid Afridi retired from the One Day International (ODI) format of cricket. They retired after the World Cup quarter-final match against Australia.
This is All About ICC Cricket World cup 2015. We have tried our best to keep the content totally error free, however, if you come across any error in the document, please comment below and share your experience regarding our site. Subscribe us with your email-id and like our facebook page to be updated withsscjunction.com . Thank You!